Thameslink is part of the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern franchise, which has been run by Govia Thameslink Railway since 26 July 2015. The franchise also operates the Gatwick Express route and provides commuter and longer distance services between London and the South East of England transporting over 150 000 people every day.
- Thameslink provides passenger train services to and from London to the to the South coast calling at Brighton train station.
- Rail connections run from several London rail stations: London Bridge, Farringdon, London Blackfriars, City Thameslink and London St Pancras International (for trains to Europe via the EUROSTAR).
- Thameslink also provide direct rail connections to Gatwick Airport rail station and Luton Airport rail station.
The Thameslink Route
- The Thameslink Link route links surburban stations North and South of london with Bedford and Brighton.
- In addition Trains operate between Luton, St Albans and Kentish Town as well as Mitcham Wimbledon, Sutton and Sevenoaks via Catford and Bromley.
Thameslink Network map (© Project Mapping)
The Thameslink Programme
As part of the £6 billion Thameslink project to improve services and train stations in and around London the Thameslink network is currently being upgraded and extended. Due for completion in 2018, a brand new link via tunnels at St Pancras will transform North-South travel across London by enabling passengers travelling on the Thameslink to travel across London without changing trains.
Thameslink Contact Details
PO Box 10240
Web address: Thameslink - Contact Us
PO Box 443, Plymouth