Trains to Manchester
Why Book Trains To Manchester
Whilst its canals and old cotton mills are a reminder of the city's industrial past, Manchester has a cosmopolitan feel with trendy bars, shopping galore, a financial district and great hotels. The city boasts 90 museums as well as the Central Library. The Lowry Centre offers ballet, opera, comedy as well as art exhibitions from local, national and international artists. Two famous Premier Division football clubs, Manchester City and Manchester United are based here too. If you prefer retail therapy, you'll find boutiques, markets and the Trafford Centre with its 230 shops. A walk down King Street will let you come face to face with designer brands, while Manchester Fashion Market is the first dedicated fashion market in the North West.
Book Early for the cheapest trains to Manchester
Booking trains to Cardiff in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets to Manchester , known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel. Take a look at how much you could save by booking trains to Manchester early.
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|Bristol - Manchester||£82.70||From Just £26.20||£56.50|
|Birmingham-Manchester||£35.50||From Just 10.90||£24.60|
|Edinburgh - Manchester||£66.60||From Just £21.50||£44.10|
|Cardiff-Manchester||£70.10||From Just £20.00||£50.10|
|Glasgow - Manchester||£69.00||From Just £17.00||£52.00|
|London - Manchester||£81.40||From Just £21.00||£60.40|
|Sheffield - Manchester||£18.40||From Just £5.00||£13.40|
|Newcastle-Manchester||£64.90||From Just £18.70||£46.20|
|York-Manchester||£27.50||From Just £7.20||£20.30|
* Walk on fares shown are a mixture of super off-peak, off peak singles and anytime singles where off peak tickets are not available. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available in advance and sold subject to availability.
Rail Routes To Manchester
Manchester enjoys superb rail connections, being served by six different train companies. Trains to Manchester from London Euston with a journey time of just over 2 hours with 3-4 direct services per hour. Trains to Manchester from Leeds and Nottingham take just 1 hour. Direct sevices also operate from Sheffield, Birmingham and Liverpool and Cardiff.
Manchester has many rail stations, including: the main interchange station in the city centre Manchester Piccadilly; Manchester Victoria just north of the city centre, and Deansgate just west of the city centre. For trains to Manchester Metropolitan University alight at Manchester Oxford Road, and for trains to Old Trafford, alight at Manchester United FC in the western suburbs of the city.
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Manchester
1. Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap trains to Manchester!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day'
2. Try Booking Split Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance rail fares on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding cheap trains to Manchester.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on 100s of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies.
3. Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To Manchester
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Cheap train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Cheap advance train tickets normally limit you to travelling on the trains booked. Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling off peak is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper trains to London
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London, comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s
So don't delay, check your route for cheap trains to Manchester with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!