Trains to London
Why Book Trains To London?
One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, London offers everything from historic attractions and world class museums to fantastic theatre, a vibrant restaurant scene and endless shopping opportunities. With a whole host of special events taking place throughout the year from Wimbledon and the Trooping of the Colour, to London Fashion Week and the Notting Hill Carnival, you'll find plenty going on, whenever you choose to visit.
Book Early for the cheapest trains to London
Booking trains to London in advance, could save you anything up to 80% on the usual cost of day of departure tickets. The cheapest train tickets to London, known as advance type tickets normally become available around 12 weeks in advance of the date of travel. Take a look at how much you could save by booking trains to London early.
|Journey||Walk up fare price*||Advance Ticket price*||Saving|
|Bath - London||£42.00||From Just £15.00||£27.00|
|Bristol - London||£42.00||From Just £15.00||£27.00|
|Norwich - London||£49.50||From Just £8.00||£41.50|
|Manchester - London||£78.70||From Just £12.50||£66.20|
|Leicester - London||£79.50||From Just £10.00||£69.50|
|Birmingham - London||£49.50||From Just £7.50||£42.00|
|Cardiff - London||£54.00||From Just £18.30||£35.70|
|Liverpool - London||£78.70||From Just £12.50||£66.20|
|Brighton - London||£16.30||From Just £5.00||£11.30|
|York - London||£53.60||From Just £14.60||£39.00|
* Walk on fares shown are all off peak singles. Advance fares shown are all advance singles for standard class travel only available in advance and sold subject to availability.
Terminals for Trains to London
London Waterloo Serves the South & South West of England
London Victoria Serves Sussex, Surrey and Kent, including Brighton & Ashford
London Kings Cross Southern terminal of East Coast Mainline, including Scotland
London Paddington Serves the West Country, including Bristol, Plymouth & Wales
London Euston Southern terminal of the West coast main line, includes Manchester
London Liverpool Street Serves East Anglia, including Stansted Airport
London Marylebone Serves the Midlands & Welsh Marches including Birmingham
London St Pancras Rail services from the midlands, Kent and Sussex and from continental Europe via the Eurostar
Trains to London are operated by all the major train companies.
London enjoys excellent rail transport links; the London Underground also known as the Tube and the London Overground both provide local trains to London stations in and around the city, and London's main terminals provide rail services from all over the UK.
Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To London
1. Check our Cheapest Fare Finder
- If you're completely flexible with your travel times, our realtime cheapest fare finder tool is just the ticket to finding cheap trains to London!
- Our cheapest fare finder tool searches a wider time frame than our ordinary search to flag up cheaper train tickets at different times of the day.
- Just click on the 'advanced options' tab on the bottom left hand side of the booking engine and select the option marked 'find the cheapest fares throughout the day'
2. Try Booking Split Tickets
- If there are no cheap advance rail fares on your route or you need flexible rail tickets, split ticketing or breaking the journey down into two or more smaller portions with a separate train ticket for each section could be the key to finding cheap trains to London.
- In many cases you won't even need to leave the train. Split ticket savings are available on 100s of routes across the National Rail network and are not limited to specific rail journeys or to particular train companies
3. Tips For Finding Cheap Trains To London
- Cheap train tickets are only available in limited quantities and are sold on a first come, first served basis so if you know you're going to be travelling, plan ahead and book well in advance.
- Cheap train tickets are often available until 6pm the night before travel, so even if you've left it till to the last minute, cheap train tickets offering savings of up to 30% on the cost of tickets bought on the day, could still be on sale.
- Cheap advance train tickets normally limit you to travelling on the trains booked. Even if you can't commit to travelling on a specific train, avoid travelling in rush hour- travelling off peak is cheaper!
- If you don't mind travelling for longer for cheaper, try searching for slower/overtaken trains to find cheaper trains to London
- If more than one company operates services along your route or there is more than one way to get to your destination e.g. going via, or avoiding London, comparing different train companies and different routes could save you £££s
So don't delay, check your route for cheap trains to London with Raileasy today, planning ahead could save you a small fortune!